Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bittersweet Ending!

This past Monday was my last week working with students at St. Mary's. It has been nothing but a great experience that I am very grateful for! Being able to work with students for 6 weeks has taught me so much about what it will be like to be a physical educator. This week my group was in charge of special projects. We decorated the gym doors with collages that everyone from PED 201 created saying thank you to St. Mary's.

I was also able to play with some of the students in the gym during a free period of time. I worked with one little boy who was working on punting a soccer ball. He had the basics of the movement needed, but I knew that I could give him a few tips. I noticed that he was curling his toes up when trying to punt the ball. This was causing the ball to go straight up and or behind him. I went next to him and showed him what he should be doing with his foot when trying to kick it. He started to get the hang of it and the ball was starting to go straighter. I have come to find that I get such a great feeling when I can help a student with a specific skill.

My time at St. Mary's taught me a great deal of knowledge. To see what I thought about my overall experiences while at St. Mary's click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment